Scranton & Springbrook Railroad
Originally built in 1874 by Thomas Sax and Lewis Hessler, this narrow gauge line was used to harvest lumber and to transport it to a sawmill on Spring brook creek. Within a few years the line was extended down to what is now known as the Nesbitt reservoir. The railroad connected to the Delaware & Hudson in Moosic. The lumber was exhausted by 1892 and the line was partially removed. Around 1897 the Spring Brook water company purchased the railroad and re-built the line as a standard gauge railroad from Moosic to a rock quarry. The quarry provided stone for the water company's projects. Partially abandoned again in 1919 with the completion of the Nesbitt dam, the railroad was finally dismantled in 1932. Today Parts of the old railroad grade are used by route 502. Some sections of the railroad grade can still be seen.